We transform the lives of young women with learning differences.
For girls with dyslexia, ADHD, and other language and attention-based learning differences, Purnell is a haven. For girls with school and home-based learning challenges who thrive in a small learning environment or for whom English might not be their first language, we are their match.
We help girls to discover their learning style and then we teach precisely to that style. Instruction is thoughtfully designed and taught in interesting and interactive ways. As a result, girls are engaged in their learning, and they feel positive and passionate about themselves as learners.
Learning support comes in many forms at Purnell, so that each girl pursues a highly individualized education, tailored to her precise learning style. We offer:
- One-on-one tutoring to bolster reading and writing skills for dyslexic and dysgraphic students
- Specialized instruction to help in math for dyscalculic students
- Orton-Gillingham language training
- Executive Function coaching
- Multi-sensory, inquiry-based classrooms
- Individualized Advisor Program
- Learning & Enrichment Center (LEC)
Be prepared for college, and for life.
We’ve transformed the educational experience so that you can discover your strengths, find support from your peers and mentors, and explore what you are passionate about … not only in the classroom, but on the field, in the dorms, on the stage, and in the community.
Learn about how we are transforming the educational experience for Purnell girls in our Academic Blog.