Thank you for your interest in being part of the Purnell community. Our mission is to foster a learning environment where girls are empowered to discover and develop their own unique potential and have the ability to receive academic support specifically tailored to their needs. You’ll discover a community that is extremely dedicated to that mission!
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Valid NJ Driver’s License with driving record that will be approved by the school insurance company. Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) helpful.
- 2-5 years related job experience.
- Ability to read basic operational instructions and write reports.
- Required criminal history background check, proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member with the Buildings and Grounds staff.
Responsible for maintenance of multiple buildings and surrounding grounds including small plumbing repairs, carpentry projects, light construction projects, HVAC and boiler maintenance, leaf and snow removal, landscaping, furniture moves, painting as needed.
7am to 3:30pm Monday through Friday with occasional required weekends and overtime.
The duties of this job require the following physical activities: walking, sitting, standing, reaching, finger dexterity, pulling and/or pushing, carrying, repetitive motions, speaking, listening, and visual acuity. In addition the individual must be able to read, write, count, operate and use appropriate equipment, climb ladders, and lift objects up to 50 pounds.
Work is performed in a normal maintenance department setting with some exposure to health or safety hazards. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level is usually moderate.
Please send resume to: email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employment: Purnell School does not discriminate against any qualified applicant for employment on the basis any characteristic or group status protected under federal, state, or local law.
The Part-Time Driver will be available for approximately 6 hours a week and is flexible with shifts Monday through Friday between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications and Essential Functions:
- New Jersey Drivers License
- Criminal Justice/Fingerprint Clearance
- Assist students by providing safe loading and unloading from vehicles during both emergency situations and normal transport
- Operate a school vehicle related equipment
- Adhere to safety practices
- Communicate with Head School Nurse and School Counselor for the purpose of scheduling appointments and conveying and receiving information
- Drive school vehicle to and from school in a safe and timely manner
- Escort students across the street to ensure safety and welfare of students
- Fuel assigned vehicle (fuel, water) to maintain safe operation
- Maintain assigned vehicle's interior to ensure safety, appearance, and sanitation of the vehicle
- Monitor passenger(s) during transit to maintain order and ensure safety of passengers
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections (e.g. fluid levels, tire pressure, fuel, exterior condition, recording mileage, etc.) to ensure the safe operating condition of the vehicle and meet state requirements
- Model non-discriminatory practices in all activities
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by appropriate administrators
Qualified candidates who feel they would be a valuable asset to our school should apply. Please submit a cover letter along with your resume to Vicky Browne, Director of Student Life, firstname.lastname@example.org