Thank you for your interest in being part of the Purnell community. Our mission is to foster a learning environment where girls are empowered to discover and develop their own unique potential and have the ability to receive academic support specifically tailored to their needs. You’ll discover a community that is extremely dedicated to that mission!
The Part-Time Driver will be available for approximately 6 hours a week and is flexible with shifts Monday through Friday between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications and Essential Functions:
- New Jersey Drivers License
- Criminal Justice/Fingerprint Clearance
- Assist students by providing safe loading and unloading from vehicles during both emergency situations and normal transport
- Operate a school vehicle related equipment
- Adhere to safety practices
- Communicate with Head School Nurse and School Counselor for the purpose of scheduling appointments and conveying and receiving information
- Drive school vehicle to and from school in a safe and timely manner
- Escort students across the street to ensure safety and welfare of students
- Fuel assigned vehicle (fuel, water) to maintain safe operation
- Maintain assigned vehicle's interior to ensure safety, appearance, and sanitation of the vehicle
- Monitor passenger(s) during transit to maintain order and ensure safety of passengers
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections (e.g. fluid levels, tire pressure, fuel, exterior condition, recording mileage, etc.) to ensure the safe operating condition of the vehicle and meet state requirements
- Model non-discriminatory practices in all activities
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by appropriate administrators
Qualified candidates who feel they would be a valuable asset to our school should apply. Please submit a cover letter along with your resume to Vicky Browne, Director of Student Life, email@example.com
Per Diem Registered Nurse available approximately 23 hours a week and flexibility with all of the following shifts: Monday - Friday afternoons/evenings, 3:00pm - 10:00pm; Weekend days 8:30am - 3pm; Weekend afternoon/evenings 3pm - 9:30pm shift. Additional flexibility would be required for the occasional need to cover the 7:30am - 3:30pm shift during the week.
Valid New Jersey Registered Nurse License
Preferred 3 years in Nursing
Knowledge and understanding of the growth and development of teens as well as a working knowledge of Diabetes.
- Administer medication as ordered.
- Implement school medication policy and procedures related to over the counter medication.
- Promote personal health and wellness to the students through teaching and encouraging self-care.
- Assess all actual and potential health concerns by providing care to sick and injured students.
- Effectively and appropriately communicate any health concerns or emergencies, beyond the scope of the Registered Nurse, to the student’s parent/guardian to discuss a health plan.
- Record injuries on an Incident Report.
- Provide effective and appropriate communication to students, parent/guardian, appropriate faculty and other healthcare professionals as needed.
- Maintain up to date cumulative health records on all students.
- Serve as a resource for school personnel and students by participating in the instructional programs, specifically, Purnell School’s Health, Wellness & Mindfulness Curriculum and Professional Development upon request of the professional staff.
Qualified Candidates that feel they would be a valuable asset to our school should apply. Please submit a cover letter and resume to Vicky Browne, Director of Student Life, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purnell School seeks candidates for the position of Spanish Teacher. This is a full-time position beginning in late August 2019. Candidates should possess an undergraduate or graduate degree in Spanish, Education, or a related field. A background and/or degree in special education or learning disabilities is preferred.
Candidates should also be willing to contribute to the life of the school outside the classroom. Candidates must support the mission of the Purnell School to teach girls who learn differently.
- Teach Introductory through Advanced Spanish
- Provide effective and supportive instruction for students with diverse learning profile including learning disabilities and ADHD
- Model flexibility in implementing best learning practices
- Participate actively in other aspects of the student experience and school functioning, including leading a student club or activity and participating in mandatory residential duties
- Collaboratively plan, observe classes, and design cross-curricular projects with members of a dynamic academic team
- Attend selective professional development conferences/seminars to further enhance professional knowledge
- Provide support to 3-4 students as their Advisor, the main communicative link between students and their families
- Work collaboratively with faculty and administrators
- Demonstrate a sincere interest in teaching and learning and a positive growth mindset
Salary will be commensurate with experience and education, and will include a comprehensive benefits package. On-campus housing is available free of charge. Families are welcome.
Please submit letter of interest, c.v., and list of at least 3 references to Anne Glass, Head of School, at email@example.com.