Thank you for your interest in being part of the Purnell community. Our mission is to foster a learning environment where girls are empowered to discover and develop their own unique potential and have the ability to receive academic support specifically tailored to their needs. You’ll discover a community that is extremely dedicated to that mission!
The Part-Time Driver will be available for approximately 6 hours a week and is flexible with shifts Monday through Friday between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications and Essential Functions:
- New Jersey Drivers License
- Criminal Justice/Fingerprint Clearance
- Assist students by providing safe loading and unloading from vehicles during both emergency situations and normal transport
- Operate a school vehicle related equipment
- Adhere to safety practices
- Communicate with Head School Nurse and School Counselor for the purpose of scheduling appointments and conveying and receiving information
- Drive school vehicle to and from school in a safe and timely manner
- Escort students across the street to ensure safety and welfare of students
- Fuel assigned vehicle (fuel, water) to maintain safe operation
- Maintain assigned vehicle's interior to ensure safety, appearance, and sanitation of the vehicle
- Monitor passenger(s) during transit to maintain order and ensure safety of passengers
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections (e.g. fluid levels, tire pressure, fuel, exterior condition, recording mileage, etc.) to ensure the safe operating condition of the vehicle and meet state requirements
- Model non-discriminatory practices in all activities
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by appropriate administrators
Qualified candidates who feel they would be a valuable asset to our school should apply. Please submit a cover letter along with your resume to Vicky Browne, Director of Student Life, email@example.com
Per Diem Registered Nurse available approximately 23 hours a week and flexibility with all of the following shifts: Monday - Friday afternoons/evenings, 3:00pm - 10:00pm; Weekend days 8:30am - 3pm; Weekend afternoon/evenings 3pm - 9:30pm shift. Additional flexibility would be required for the occasional need to cover the 7:30am - 3:30pm shift during the week.
Valid New Jersey Registered Nurse License
Preferred 3 years in Nursing
Knowledge and understanding of the growth and development of teens as well as a working knowledge of Diabetes.
- Administer medication as ordered.
- Implement school medication policy and procedures related to over the counter medication.
- Promote personal health and wellness to the students through teaching and encouraging self-care.
- Assess all actual and potential health concerns by providing care to sick and injured students.
- Effectively and appropriately communicate any health concerns or emergencies, beyond the scope of the Registered Nurse, to the student’s parent/guardian to discuss a health plan.
- Record injuries on an Incident Report.
- Provide effective and appropriate communication to students, parent/guardian, appropriate faculty and other healthcare professionals as needed.
- Maintain up to date cumulative health records on all students.
- Serve as a resource for school personnel and students by participating in the instructional programs, specifically, Purnell School’s Health, Wellness & Mindfulness Curriculum and Professional Development upon request of the professional staff.
Qualified Candidates that feel they would be a valuable asset to our school should apply. Please submit a cover letter and resume to Vicky Browne, Director of Student Life, firstname.lastname@example.org.