Our Learning Environment
Support comes in many forms at Purnell. Our academic program is centered on your individual needs, supporting you when you need it, and challenging you when you are ready for it.
Whether it’s one-on-one tutoring to bolster reading and writing skills for a dyslexic or dysgraphic student, specialized instruction to help in math for the dyscalculic student, or a multi-sensory, inquiry-based classroom, whatever the learning style, our girls are given the learning support they need. Plus, our teachers are available every day to answer questions, clarify materials from class, prepare you for assessments, or to help you gain deeper knowledge about the material being covered.
Learn about how we are transforming the educational experience for Purnell girls in our Academic Blog.
- Four years of English
- Three years of History
- Two years of foreign language or English as a Second Language unless exempt due to learning disability
- Three years of Math (including Algebra and Geometry)
- Three years of Science (including Biology and Chemistry)
- One year of Performing Arts
- One year of Studio Arts plus at least one Art History course
- All students must complete 10 hours of community service per year, participate in Project Exploration, and a yearly Seminar class
- Students are required to participate in either a competitive or a non-competitive sport each semester